Sep 03
2002

XFML & Peter

Peter talked about XFML and topic maps. He had come across the Friend-of-a-Friend (FOAF) RDF that I was looking at the night before as well.

FOAF might be more fun than useful, but who knows? If RDF is to succeed, it needs to reach a critical mass. A little fun might be just the thing it needs.

I like the co-depiction idea. FOAF supports image metadata. So, you can establish relationships among people found in a snapshot together. They have a form set up to help generate the data if you want to give it a try.

This FOAF business seems to fall under social network analysis and other areas of interest that examine the meaning of relations, ties and networks. I’m seeing patterns (hope that doesn’t mean I’m not well).

Comments & TrackBacks

Comments and trackbacks are closed.

A Few Related Entries

Facets & Topic Maps